Crown Linen is the leading Commercial Laundry specializing in the hospitality industry for Central & South Florida with five locations: Miami, Orlando, Fort Myers, Bradenton and Haines City.
Today we serve some of the most important and demanding hotels by emphasizing our core principles: Quality, Reliability, Cost Control and Customized Service.
Under limited supervision, the Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of equipment and facility maintenance, the safety of all team members, achieving plant wide efficiency metrics, managing utilities consumption, preventative maintenance, providing compliance in environmental and safety (OSHA) matters, vendor relations, security, and maintaining an outstanding facility.
DUTIES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and provide leadership to the Asst. Chief Engineers in provision and execution of maintenance strategies and plans.
- Develops and vigorously maintains a plant wide preventative maintenance schedule for all building, process equipment and plant utilities. This includes monitoring the execution of the Preventative Maintenance program and certifying compliance.
- Establishing and controlling equipment condition to satisfy customer quality expectations and production specifications.
- Monitoring utility usage and auditing systems to reduce usage.
- Organizing, directing and managing equipment projects satisfying production/service requirement in a cost-efficient manner.
- Developing and implementing cost-effective alternatives to equipment improvements.
- Maintain high employee safety and morale by creating safe and efficient working environments and complying with all safety matters as required by OSHA.
- Maintains departmental budget with focus on parts, supplies and labor management to include procurement of all repair parts for routine, preventative and emergency repairs.
- Managing facility-wide, cross-functional maintenance improvement projects
- Through direct report, managing the equipment and machineries in order to maintain smooth workflow.
- Planning, directing and coordination services in compliance with company goals and objectives.
- Develops and trains all staff in the required safety procedures, such as Lock Out/Tag Out, Fire Safety and Confined Space Entry.
- Execute a continuous improvement approach to ensure year-over-year productivity improvements are realized
- Develops relationships with all parts vendors and local repair and service vendors.
- Works with local regulatory agencies to assure compliance with all wastewater and emissions standards
- Coordinate the outside contractors in the repair and upkeep of plant equipment and specialty consultants.
- Responsible for setting goals and objectives for direct reports to ensure company objectives are met.
- Performs other services and duties, as delegated and serves on a variety of facility committees as required.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.